ZF is working on passenger recognition technology for autonomous carsMay 17, 2019
The automotive component supplier has begun work on a new system that will contribute to the development of autonomous driving. For example, ZF announced the purchase of a 90% stake in Simi Reality Motion Systems, a company that is developing passenger recognition technology.
ZF claims that the stake in Simi Reality Motion Systems will expand the capabilities of ZF in the development of passenger safety systems, including seat belts, airbags and steering.
As noted by ZF, in autonomous cars, the driver can switch control to a fully automated mode, however, in an emergency, it may be necessary for him to take control again. To do this, this passenger recognition system will determine its position in the cabin and develop an optimal algorithm of actions.
- Updated Audi S8 spotted during winter trials
- 90-year-old man buys himself a 2021 Chevrolet Corvette C8
- Sketches of a Ford Bronco pickup accidentally hit the Web
- BMW X5 presented with 3D Design Aerodynamics Package
- Renault has created its own carsharing with electric Mobilize cars