ZF has developed an 8-speed automatic transmission specifically for hybridsJuly 12, 2019
ZF is a new generation of 8-speed automatic transmission that is compatible with hybrid systems. It is suitable for both conventional hybrids, and for “soft” systems and versions with a plug-in module.
A new automatic transmission was shown at a technological exhibition in Germany. It uses a modular design and allows you to vary the power from 33 hp up to 218 hp And, since the electronics responsible for power, is placed in the housing, and not outside, it has reduced the size of the parts.
ZF predicts that at least 70% of new cars sold in 2030 will have internal combustion engines. The company expects CO2 reductions to be achieved through the use of hybrid systems. In the coming decades, “soft” hybrid systems should also play their part. The company believes that many of these systems will be equipped with gearboxes, specially developed by ZF for hybrids.
- Aston Martin DBX will receive a special version
- Toyota resumes operation of all its enterprises in China
- Alfa Romeo released an intriguing teaser ahead of the Geneva Motor Show
- Anglo American will build the largest hydrogen machine in the world
- New Chevrolet Corvette has a “flying” mode