Zach Brown: Alonso will be damn hard to win the “Indy 500”May 17, 2019
McLaren Group Executive Director Zach Brown realizes that his team will have a hard time winning the “500 miles of Indianapolis,” but hopes for good luck.
This year, the company from Woking has formed a separate team to participate in the cult race IndyCar, led by Fernando Alonso to challenge recognized favorites, such as Penske, Andretti Autosport.
“In 2017, we performed with the support of Andretti Autosport. To build a team from scratch is much harder. But we have long and diligently prepared, – quotes Brown edition of Marca. – Indy 500 is always a lottery to some extent, so it’s difficult to make predictions. Can we win? Yes. But it will be damn difficult to do.
The priority task now is to successfully conduct qualifying races in the next weekend. “
While things Fernando Alonso and McLaren are not the best way. In the first training session, they lost time due to problems with the electrician, again the same problems occurred in the second session, and after their elimination, Alonso crashed the car.
In the summary of the results of the two days of training, the Spanish racer takes the 33rd place among the 41st participants.
- Elon Musk calls the new Tesla Yoke wheel a great idea
- Scientists have shown a way to fully charge electric cars in 10 minutes
- The development of electric vehicles may slow down
- Chinese Great Wall is interested in buying Daimler
- Porsche sets up new venture with German battery manufacturer Customcells