Yamaha introduced a scooter with a removable batteryJune 14, 2019
The Japanese company last year merged with the Taiwanese Gogoro to work on the Yamaha EC-05 electric scooter, according to a foreign publication Electrek.
Designed by the new Japanese, while almost all the internal work of their colleagues. Therefore, the EC-05 is likely to have similar characteristics with the Gogoro 2 Series electric scooters. The fact is that the manufacturer has not yet announced the final data on it.
However, it can be assumed that the maximum speed will drop to 85-95 km / h, and the range will be about 100 km.
Gogoro is perhaps best known for its replaceable batteries and charging stations. Gogoro scooters can hold two high capacity batteries. They can be recharged at home or replaced at one of more than a thousand battery exchange stations throughout Taiwan. And recently, the company has improved their energy density, switching to a lithium-ion larger format 2170.
Deliveries plan to start in August of this year. Initially, the electric scooter will be available only in Taiwan, and later will be available in other countries.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts