Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Royal Enfield and others have stopped production in IndiaMarch 25, 2020
Coronavirus has affected many industries. Many European manufacturers have already quarantined, and now the main motorcycle manufacturers in India, including Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Royal Enfield, have followed suit.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has announced closure until at least March 31. Suzuki Motorcycle India halted production before news improved. Yamaha – until March 31. Indian manufacturers Royal Enfield and TVS Motor also closed until March 31.
From a statement by Royal Enfield: “Stopping production is a necessary measure, taking into account the safety and well-being of all employees, as well as temporary and hourly workers. Throughout the quarantine period, workers will work from home and will not lose wages. There is no plan to reduce labor resources. ”
All manufacturers that have not yet closed will follow the example above.
- Most orders for Tesla Cybertruck placed in the USA
- Detroit auto show postponed due to coronavirus outbreak
- A new generation of Mitsubishi Pajero will appear next year
- World sales of sedans and hatchbacks lose ground amid SUVs
- Geneva Motor Show 2021 may be in jeopardy