Xpeng P7 electric sedan breaks sales recordsOctober 8, 2020
The third quarter in general and September in particular were very successful for the high-tech Chinese brand.
Xpeng, headquartered in Guangzhou, reported its September 2020 sales. Recall that the brand’s lineup consists of two cars – the P7 sedan and the G3 SUV. Total sales last month amounted to 3,478 units, which is 145% more than last year’s result.
According to the results of the third quarter, the growth is even more significant – “plus” 266%, and the brand’s cars were sold in a circulation of 8,578 units. The most popular among the inhabitants of the Celestial Empire is the new P7 sports sedan, which was sold 2,573 times in the first month of autumn, and 6,210 times in the third quarter.
For the Xpeng G3 SUV, these figures are 905 and 2,368 copies.
After such successful indicators, the company is going to increase production in order to meet the strong demand.
Specifically, a new plant will be commissioned in Guangzhou in December 2022.
Previously, Tesla reported record sales of its electric cars in the third quarter of 2020. The growth relative to last year’s indicators is explained by the expansion of the model range. The increase in sales relative to August this year is much more significant.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles