WTCR season starts in September and will be held only in EuropeMay 20, 2020
All stages of the World Cup Touring in 2020 will be held in Europe, reports British Autosport. The organizers expect to carry out six stages and a total of 16 races.
In the fall, World Touring usually began a series of Asian stages. This year’s races were to take place in Ningbo in China, Indje in South Korea, Macau in China and Sepang in Malaysia. But the coronavirus pandemic made serious adjustments.
“Hard times require custom solutions,” commented WTCR promoter François Ribeiro. – It is quite possible that we will begin the season in September. We have decided on the dates and are now waiting for news from the FIA. Next week it will become clear when the calendar is about to be published. ”
It is expected that four stages will be held in last year’s format – with three races over the weekend. At the other two stages, it is planned to carry out two races.
“Yes, you understood everything correctly,” Ribeiro answered the question about the format of racing weekends.
- New Toyota Land Cruiser will be awarded with Gazoo Racing Magic version
- Mercedes presented two all-wheel drive variations of the Mercedes EQA electric car
- Ford Kuga tests powerful Argo AI autonomous driving LIDAR sensor
- Lewis Hamilton won the Spanish Grand Prix
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages