WTCR does not plan to move to electric carsApril 23, 2019
The International Automobile Federation does not plan to electrify the World Cup Touring WTCR in the near future.
Electric and hybrid technologies in recent years appear in many racing series. In 2020, the launch of the ETCR electric vehicles championship will take place. But the leading WTCR Touring Championship is not in a hurry to abandon cars with a gasoline engine.
“Maybe someday this will happen. But while we prefer to concentrate on what we have, – quotes Motorsport-Total FIA director of circuit racing Frederick Bertrand. – We intend to operate cars with a gasoline engine for a few more years. Electrification changes the level of the championship and is more suitable for manufacturers than for client teams. It will be a completely different story. ”
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid