WTCR does not plan to move to electric carsApril 23, 2019
The International Automobile Federation does not plan to electrify the World Cup Touring WTCR in the near future.
Electric and hybrid technologies in recent years appear in many racing series. In 2020, the launch of the ETCR electric vehicles championship will take place. But the leading WTCR Touring Championship is not in a hurry to abandon cars with a gasoline engine.
“Maybe someday this will happen. But while we prefer to concentrate on what we have, – quotes Motorsport-Total FIA director of circuit racing Frederick Bertrand. – We intend to operate cars with a gasoline engine for a few more years. Electrification changes the level of the championship and is more suitable for manufacturers than for client teams. It will be a completely different story. ”
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system