World electric car sales drop for the first time in historySeptember 7, 2019
For the first time in history, worldwide sales of electric vehicles fell in July. Experts note that this is due to the fact that China has reduced subsidies for the purchase of these machines. Relevant information is supported by data from Sanford C. Bernstein. According to statistics, sales amounted to 128 thousand electric cars, which is 14% less than for the same period in 2018.
It is reported that sales of electric cars declined in China and North America, while in Europe they increased. The best sales performance in July was recorded by Tesla Inc. (about 20 thousand cars) and Chinese BYD Co. (about 16 thousand units). Analysts also noted the Bavarian BMW (about 9 thousand units) and another BAIC (about 8 thousand units)
For seven months, the global electric vehicle market has grown by 35%. In addition, experts report that despite a short-term weakening of the market in the second half of 2019, sales growth may reach 23-48% to 2.4-2.9 million vehicles.
- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix
- Ford Mondeo successor could be such an off-road station wagon
- Elevate kit converts mountain bikes to electric
- Nikola Founder Leaves Company Due to Fraud Allegations
- In the US, began the production of electric buses that will help schools earn money