With full autopilot, the cost of Tesla electric cars will doubleMay 20, 2020
With the announced upgrade, Tesla will rise by a thousand dollars by July. And this is not the limit.
The Tesla Full Self-Driving software package for electric cars will cost $ 1,000 more by July 1. The head of the company Ilon Musk told about this in his twitter account. At the same time, he noted that over time, the cost of software will continue to grow, since Tesla is constantly improving this technology. So, according to him, a full-fledged autopilot of the so-called 5th level will cost about $ 100 thousand!
Such a maximum autopilot allows the car to move around without driver intervention in any road conditions. In the meantime, the most modern autonomous driving systems, among which those that are put on Tesla electric cars, reach the 3rd level. Such vehicles can drive on their own, but only in conditions close to ideal, and under constant human control.
Currently, Tesla owners have to pay $ 7,000 for the FSD option. Since its inception, this package has already managed to rise in price by a couple of thousand – initially it cost $ 5,000.
- Volkswagen unveils 300 hp Atlas Cross Sport GT crossover powered by Golf R
- Bugatti has released the last copy of the Divo hypercar worth € 5 million
- Toyota issues a ban on the resale of the 2022 Land Cruiser SUV
- American startup may be more expensive than Tesla
- Toyota top manager called electric cars evil