Wiesmann will bring to Frankfurt a new sports car with a motor from BMW M5August 27, 2019
Wiésmann, a German manufacturer of luxury sports cars, has published a teaser for a new unknown model that will be equipped with an engine from the BMW M5 sedan. The public premiere will take place in September as part of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Judging by the image, the novelty has the characteristic shape of the body, characteristic of cars of the German brand. It is possible that a modernized version of the GT MF4-CS coupe, shown at the Geneva motor show in 2013, will debut in Frankfurt.
At the same time, the new car will be equipped with a modern engine from the “charged” BMW M5 sedan. We are talking about a 4.4-liter eight-cylinder unit with two turbines, which on the standard version of the M5 develops 600 liters. s., and on the Competition modification its return is increased to 625 horsepower.
As for the original Wiesmann GT MF4-CS sports car, it was equipped with a 420-horsepower V8 engine developing 420 horsepower. The coupe is capable of gaining the first “hundred” in 4.4 seconds, and its maximum speed was 293 km per hour. A total of 25 such vehicles were produced.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry