What is known about the new versions of the Porsche Boxster / Cayman?March 7, 2019
Fans of Porsche mid-engine sports cars will have to wait for new versions until 2023.
Earlier it was reported that the updated Boxster and Cayman from the Porsche company will appear next year – their presentation was to take place immediately after the debut of the new 911 chassis. The journalists of the foreign publication Road & Track spoke with the official representative of Porsche at the Geneva Motor Show, and they managed to learn some details about these cars.
Even more stringent environmental regulations Euro 7 will take effect very soon, which will have a profound impact on manufacturers of sports cars. According to Ahljaitner: “The situation in Europe is not really very funny, because there is a tendency to drastically change these requirements, which in turn slows down the development of new versions of models already loved.”
In other words, when politicians make engineering decisions, it turns out to be big problems for both producers and consumers. Nevertheless, it seems that Porsche would like to keep the Boxster and Cayman models.
Although the current generation of sports 718 Boxster and Cayman refers to the distant 2012, they can hardly be called “obsolete.” In fact, we would say that these are the best mid-engined sports cars.
We expect that Porsche will constantly update outdated sports cars with special editions, such as the upcoming Cayman GT4. According to Ahlhaitner, the current car will be sold until 2023.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers