What cars bought in France in 2019January 7, 2020
Due to the sharp increase in sales in December, the French car market remained in the black for the year.
Experts of the analytical agency shared information regarding the sales of new cars in France for 2019. During the reporting period, the French purchased 2,214,278 new cars, which is 1.9% better than the result of 2018. All year sales were in a small “minus”, but in December they grew immediately by 27.7%, which determined the final result. Most often, residents of France prefer local car brands. The largest number of cars were sold by dealers of the PSA group – 708,438 copies. This result was 1.4% higher than last year. The concern’s share was 32% of the total car market.
The second position with an indicator of 549,283 pcs. takes Renault. For the year, brand sales grew by 0.3%, and the market share was 24.8%.
Of foreign cars, the French most often prefer the German Volkswagen. The sharp increase in demand for new cars at the end of the year is due to new environmental fees for the purchase of cars, which entered into force on January 1 of this year. After the introduction of new fees, experts predict a decrease in sales growth this year.
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages
- Drag racing – VW Golf R 2021 versus the “charged” Audi RS6 Avant wagon
- Drag racing – powerful sedan Mercedes-AMG E63 S versus the “charged” station wagon Audi RS6
- Toyota patents new twin-turbo V8 engine
- Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup prototype spotted in New York