VW closes factory in the USA for one dayMarch 15, 2020
Volkswagen of America will close a plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Monday to conduct deep cleaning as a precaution against the spread of coronavirus.
In a report to Automotive News Europe, the automaker explained that the stop “will give plant workers time to organize childcare during the two-week school closure. It will be a paid time. ”
“We will also take advantage of this time to strengthen the already radical sanitary and hygienic measures taken at our enterprise.”
Chattanooga Complex is the only VW manufacturing facility in the United States. It produces the Atlas crossover and Passat sedan, and the production of the ID4 electric car is scheduled to begin there in 2022.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI