Volvo will recall more than 300 thousand cars in the USA due to a large-scale defectJuly 9, 2020
The Volvo company recalls over 2 million cars worldwide
Volvo has detected a malfunction in more than 2.1 million of its vehicles worldwide. Because of this, the automaker had to announce the largest review in its history. It is noted that the cause of the malfunction was the steel cable in the fastening of the front seat belt, which can weaken, resulting in reduced efficiency of the entire mechanism.
Now it has become known that Volvo is recalling 307,653 of its vehicles in the United States due to this problem. According to Automotive News, the automaker found that the steel cable manufactured by Autoliv, which fastens the front car’s seat belts, can weaken, which can reduce the ability of the seat belt to hold it.
Volvo will soon contact the owners, asking them to come to the nearest service center of the brand for a free cable replacement. The review has not yet been published on the website of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
The recall only affects previous Volvo cars: the S60, S60 Cross Country, V60, V60 Cross Country, XC60, V70, XC70, S80 models manufactured between 2006 and 2019. All models are based on the previous generation platform, EUCD, which is no longer in use. The recall does not affect any of the modern models.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system