Volvo may delay restyled models for the sake of economyApril 26, 2020
Volvo will be forced to revise its development strategy, postponing indefinitely restyling current models and creating new products.
Coronavirus has led to serious problems with automakers. Automakers had to shut down enterprises to prevent the spread of infection; in particular, dealerships were closed. In addition, huge financial losses forced automakers to change plans for the future.
According to Automotive News Europe, on Saturday, April 25, Volvo may postpone restyled cars to save money. According to the head of the Swedish brand, Hokan Samuelsson, now the company can reduce its own costs in two ways.
The Swedish brand will be forced to make a decision regarding the postponement of the planned updates and revisions of research and development projects, which currently number a couple of thousand.
At the same time, only those projects that the company’s management considers secondary will be postponed. But even in such unstable times, the automaker will continue to develop the direction of electric cars, autopilots and innovative technologies.
- Hyundai Elantra N TCR or full-fledged racing car
- Interior view: vigorous acceleration of the powerful crossover VW Tiguan R 2021
- Changan Uni-V concept car unveiled in Beijing
- Foton showed a pickup very similar to the Ford F-150
- Premium brand Hongqi unveils minibus concept in Beijing