Volvo may delay restyled models for the sake of economyApril 26, 2020
Volvo will be forced to revise its development strategy, postponing indefinitely restyling current models and creating new products.
Coronavirus has led to serious problems with automakers. Automakers had to shut down enterprises to prevent the spread of infection; in particular, dealerships were closed. In addition, huge financial losses forced automakers to change plans for the future.
According to Automotive News Europe, on Saturday, April 25, Volvo may postpone restyled cars to save money. According to the head of the Swedish brand, Hokan Samuelsson, now the company can reduce its own costs in two ways.
The Swedish brand will be forced to make a decision regarding the postponement of the planned updates and revisions of research and development projects, which currently number a couple of thousand.
At the same time, only those projects that the company’s management considers secondary will be postponed. But even in such unstable times, the automaker will continue to develop the direction of electric cars, autopilots and innovative technologies.
- Electric Hyundai Kona burned out at the charging station
- Check out the Lamborghini Urus redesigned for the Arctic
- Forgotten for 20 years in the garage rare BMW M1 will be auctioned off
- Range Rover Autobiography hits Vilner workshops and gets even more luxurious
- Brabus B45 or 444-hp version of Mercedes-AMG A45 S