Volvo is preparing new flagship and ultra-compact crossoversAugust 21, 2019
The network has details about future Volvo XC100 models, as well as crossovers younger than the XC40. The future flagship will be built on the new SPA2 platform, and compact crosses will receive a CMA platform with the possibility of full electrification.
There is new information about the upcoming news from Volvo. One of the most anticipated projects is the flagship crossover under the factory name V616. It is assumed that he will receive the serial name XC100 and take the highest step in the model line of the brand. But its exit is planned no earlier than 2022.
The second generation of the SPA2 platform will be used as a basis, upgraded and finalized for use in larger models. The actual SPA cannot be used to build cars larger than the XC90. The future novelty will receive a body up to 5.5 meters long. No more details.
The company also intends to expand the line of compact crossovers. They will be built on the basis of the CMA platform using the material base of the parent company Geely. They will have to compete with the MINI Countryman or Audi Q2. The platform enables full electrification.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry