Volvo explained why it limited the speed in its cars to 180 km / hOctober 28, 2020
Volvo has limited the maximum speed in its cars to 180 km / h in order to improve road safety. The Swedes are confident that their decision will help reduce road traffic deaths.
The company explained in detail the reason for the innovation in a video posted on YouTube. In it, Volvo refers to its history, stating that the introduction of the maximum speed limit for it is as important a step as the introduction of seat belts in the 1950s.
The video recounts the past when Volvo was accused of “violating human rights” for wearing seat belts. Over the years, this invention turned out to be one of the most important in the field of saving lives in road accidents.
Without seat belts, further development of the car would be difficult. It was they who helped solve the problem of inert mass, which often led to the death of a person on impact.
And now the Swedish automaker is taking the following action – reducing the top speed of the car. The 180 km / h limit does not give one hundred percent guarantees, but in certain situations it increases a person’s chances of survival. The new option will be installed on all Volvo models from next year.
- Ken Block’s Ford Mustang loses a drag race for the first time
- China will double the production of batteries for electric cars
- Ford F-150 electric version released
- New Skoda Enyaq iV Acoustic Signature will receive a unique soundtrack
- Mercedes-AMG has published prices for the extreme sports car GT Black Series 2021