Volvo drones without drones transporting containers at the portJune 15, 2019
Volvo Trucks’ unmanned electric tractors, which lack a cabin, have begun transporting shipping containers at the port of Gothenburg in Sweden. The video showing the work of the apparatus, published on YouTube.
Unmanned aerial vehicle called Vera, dividing the power units with electric trucks Volvo FL and FE Electric, designed to work in logistics centers, factories and ports.
The joint project of Volvo Trucks and the Danish seafaring company DFDS is still running in test mode. UAVs travel on pre-programmed routes with a maximum speed of 40 km per hour. Cars connected to one network and connected to a cloud service are controlled by an operator at the control tower.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production