Volvo decided to limit the speed of its modelsMay 20, 2020
As part of its safety strategy, Volvo intends to force-limit electronics to around 180 km / h.
In the model range until recently there were Volvo models capable of developing a top speed of 250 km / h. Starting this year, all new cars will have an electronic limiter that will not allow acceleration of more than 180 km / h.
Given the fact that there are very few places on the planet where there are no speed limits on the roads, for example, individual sections of autobahns in Germany or the Isle of Man, where there are no restrictions on individual sections of country roads.
Such a solution will reduce the risk of accidents caused by speeding. In addition, all new Volvo cars are equipped with a Care key. It allows car owners to program additional maximum speed limits, for example, for young and inexperienced drivers.
The more stringent speed limits introduced by the company are part of the ambitious Safety Vision program to reduce mortality and the likelihood of injuries while driving a Volvo.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires