Volvo AB will reduce 4 thousand employees worldwideJune 18, 2020
Volvo AB truck and bus manufacturer plans to reduce 4.1 thousand employees worldwide in the second half of this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. 1,250 workers will be laid off in Sweden.
According to TASS, in the first quarter of 2020, Volvo AB announced a 2.2-fold reduction in net profit in annual terms – to 4.766 billion Swedish kronor. Volvo’s production sites in Sweden and Belgium, which suspended mid-March assembly of trucks against the backdrop of a pandemic, have gradually resumed operations since late April.
The Kaluga enterprise Volvo Group began work in mid-April 2020. The resumption of production accelerated the pace of delivery of finished products to customers. The entire dealer network of Volvo Trucks in the EU, with more than 1.1 thousand authorized service stations, including 74 located in our country, continues to operate normally.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X