Volkswagen will spend $ 2.6 billion on dronesJuly 13, 2019
Concern Volkswagen has announced its intention to invest a large amount in the startup Argo AI, which is developing the technology of unmanned driving. Meanwhile, the young company is already working with Ford.
According to Dow Jones, Argo AI is valued at seven billion dollars. In addition to developing software for unmanned vehicles, it supplies systems for commercial use. The choice of this startup is also due to the plans of Volkswagen and Ford to build a joint venture for the production of electric cars with autopilot.
In a conversation with CNBC.com, an analyst from AutoTrends Consulting, Joe Filippet, called the cooperation of automakers with Argo AI a big plus. Thus, companies will protect themselves from problems with the integration of third-party programs in their cars, initially creating models based on Argo AI technologies.
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid