Volkswagen will introduce the coupe-shaped Tiguan XMarch 2, 2020
The restyled Volkswagen Tiguan, which was previously photographed again without camouflage, will acquire a coupe-like variation. The masked conceptual model of the new product with the recently patented name Tiguan X was put to the test in China.
All visual differences, as it should be a cross-coupe, boil down to the shape of the body with a lowered roof and the original, generally unlike a simple Tiguan stern. All other elements, such as bumpers, headlights and grille, will be common to the family.
The same can be said about the Tiguan X engine line, which, for sure, is completely new (with 1.4 TSI, 1.5 TSI, 2.0 TSI and 2.0 TDI diesel engines) borrowed from a simple Tiguan. The new model will most likely share a more productive power unit with the “charged” Tiguan X, which will also be released this year.
So, the new Tiguan X will be the second Volkswagen cross-coupe in China after the “older” Tayron X, which was built specifically for the PRC.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery