Volkswagen will introduce an electric sports car with an innovative batteryFebruary 24, 2020
Volkswagen is going to develop a powerful 2-door electric car that will embody the ID.R racing concept technology in the production model. According to assumptions, the sports car will acquire a completely new battery, it will be based on the MEB platform. The novelty should be released in coupe and roadster bodies.
There are no details on the technical equipment of the upcoming sports car of the German brand: the MEB architecture makes it possible to assemble front-, rear- and all-wheel drive electric cars with one or several motors, so the specialists of the brand have their hands untied.
The characteristics of the innovative battery are also kept secret: it is expected that the new battery will have a different chemical composition than the classic lithium-ion cells.
Since the serial electric car will use the technology of the sports concept ID.R, which has broken many records, the main competitor of the 2-door Volkswagen Autocar portal is considering the new Tesla Roadster.
In addition, recently in Germany introduced the new generation Volkswagen Caddy. This model was updated for the first time in 16 years.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup