Volkswagen will be the first to introduce a new type of airbagOctober 24, 2019
The ID.3 electric hatchback will be the first to use a central airbag.
On the first model of the Volkswagen ID electric family – the ID.3 hatchback – a new type of central airbag will debut. In the event of a side impact, it will be triggered between the driver and the passenger, thereby reducing the likelihood of a head injury. In the middle of the past, a similar airbag was introduced at Hyundai.
The central airbag is installed in the side of the driver’s seat of the Volkswagen ID.3 and, like Hyundai, opens when a side impact is detected. In the video below, the German automaker explains that the ability to integrate the new security device appeared thanks to the features of the new MEB platform, but the Koreans did not mention the restrictions.
Hyundai pillows are made using modern technology, which allows to reduce its size and weight, compared with similar offers of competitors, without loss of strength. Hyundai experts say central airbags reduce the risk of head injuries by 80%.
- Why an old Ford without a run is sold for only $ 1400
- Renault hybrid price close to Toyota
- Geely plans to open new plant for Polestar in China
- South Korea’s Luxury Import Car Sales Break Record
- BMW and Alibaba agree to tackle digital business transformation together