Volkswagen wants to produce more “charged” models in the USFebruary 9, 2020
The American division of the company is seriously considering expanding its line of cars.
According to Johan de Nisshen, director of VW North America in an interview, the brand is ready to go beyond the Golf R and GTI, offering more performance-oriented models in the near future.
“People who are obsessed with cars tend to be drawn to these more desirable models. If they are in your portfolio, you will ultimately increase the attractiveness of the brand, ”he said.
De Nisshen noted that the costs can be staggering, assessing that installing a new powertrain in an existing model would cost at least $ 20 million. He also said that although they will not consider performance options for all of their models in the future, new “charged” modifications for key models are definitely being considered.
According to him, it would be possible to reduce costs using common brand architectures such as the VW electric battery platform, and even building cars in the United States could help reduce some costs.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network