Volkswagen wants to launch the production of electric cars in UkraineSeptember 13, 2020
The Ukrainian enterprise “Eurocar” is going to start producing electric cars of the Volkswagen group. Such an opportunity appeared after the Verkhovna Rada voted for two bills that provide an incentive for the development of electric transport.
The first bill provides incentives for electric cars until 2025, and the second – abolishes taxes on components and equipment that are needed to produce electric cars.
MP Robert Horvat noted that these bills provide an opportunity to attract foreign investment, create new jobs, and will also have a positive impact on the environment. As he said, in the near future, an agreement may be signed between the Eurocar enterprise in Transcarpathia and the VW carmaker on the production of electric cars. Apparently, we are talking about such models as ID.3, ID.4 or Skoda Enyaq.
It is worth saying that now Eurocar produces Skoda cars with internal combustion engines, including Karoq and Kodiaq crosses, by SKD.
In addition, it was recently noted that the French company Renault will have an electric car cheaper than 20,000 euros. It should be emphasized that the new general director of the brand, Luca de Meo, told the local publication about the electric novelty.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos