Volkswagen Tharu ahead sales bestseller Toyota RAV4June 20, 2019
While the new German cross is available for purchase only in the automotive market in China. It was here that he set his regular sales record.
In May, the budgetary crossover Volkswagen Tharu set an absolute sales record since entering the Chinese car market. Last month, it sold 14,459 units, ahead of its main rival, the Toyota RAV4 compact crossover. In favor of this Japanese SUV made their choice 12,000 people. So far, the popular German SUV is represented only in the China, where the official launch of sales of the novelty took place in October 2018.
VW Tharu is, in its own way, turned into a Skoda Karoq on the MQB platform. Interestingly, in China, the base for the new item was a local elongated version of the SUV.
The Tharu engine range consists of a base 150-horsepower 1.4-liter turbo engine, as well as a two-liter 186-horsepower engine. Soon this list will replenish the 1.2-liter turbo engine capacity of 116 hp. Transmission – six-speed manual or robotized. All-wheel drive model is not allowed. In total, customers in China offer six complete sets of Volkswagen Tharu at a price of 169,800 yuan.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI