Volkswagen talked a bit about the new Golf RMay 27, 2019
The head of the Volkswagen division responsible for high-performance models, Jost Capito, revealed some details about the new Volkswagen Golf R. It will increase power, but it will not have Drift mode and steering with four-wheel drive, which are closest rivals, such as , Ford Focus RS and Renault Megane RS.
Focus RS is above all tuned for driving pleasure. Drift mode is a free technology used in drive systems. But this is not for us. It’s just not necessary for a car the size of a Golf, ” – Capito added, referring to his tasks during the development of the next Golf R.
The current version of the Golf R is equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that generates 276 hp. and 380 Nm of torque. What power the new generation model will have is still unknown.
The premiere of Volkswagen Golf will be held in October this year. The debut of the Golf R is expected next year.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station