Volkswagen salesman from Audi to sell in ChinaMarch 31, 2020
Werner Eichorn, Volkswagen Sales Manager for North America, has been appointed Audi President in China since April 1.
In his new position, Eichorn will replace Gabi-Louise Wurst, who is currently appointed to a senior position in Volkswagen, is quoted in a press release. Eichorn, 57, joined the VW Group in 1982. He has held various leadership positions in the Volkswagen, Skoda, and Audi brands.
Before becoming the sales manager for the German brand in North America in 2017, he was a member of the Skoda board and was responsible for sales and marketing. From 2005 to 2008, he was the managing director responsible for Audi sales at FAW-Volkswagen Automotive, a joint venture of the VW Group with the Chinese FAW Group, which is engaged in the creation and sale of VW and Audi cars.
China is Audi’s largest market: 690,083 vehicles were delivered to Chinese customers last year, up 4% from 2018. World brand sales rose 1% to 1.85 million.
- Porsche representative explained the reason for the transition to the “turbo-four”
- GM plans to use the Zora name for the top-end Corvette C8
- Kia Sportage with BMW grille shown on the Internet
- Volkswagen Transporter T7 again in the frame
- Genesis GV70 is preparing to enter the market