Volkswagen retro van equipped with a jet engineApril 3, 2020
In the USA, the 1958 Volkswagen Type 2 van was equipped with a Rolls-Royce Viper 535 jet engine. The power of this unit is 5000 horsepower. The author of the project was amateur engineer Perry Watkins. According to him, the work on the project took him more than two years. The spectacular races of the unusual car were published on the YouTube channel Barcroft Cars.
Theoretically, a van with such a power plant can accelerate to 483 km per hour. However, Watkins emphasized that the machine could not stand such speeds. According to him, the car may well accelerate to 260 km per hour. At the same time, the van also had the original engine. Therefore, without activating the jet unit, the car can move on public roads.
Volkswagen previously introduced the new e-BULLI electric van. The car is built on the basis of the model T1 Samba Bus 1966 release.
- The Germans showed a unique modular autonomous car DLR U-Shift
- Hyundai hints at Tucson N
- The Swedes showed the electric bike Kalk OR
- Chinese tuners add aggression to Tesla Model X
- Rare Volkswagen Camper Van will be auctioned off