Volkswagen resumed production in IndiaMay 25, 2020
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (ŠAVWIPL) resumed production at its plant in Aurangabad after a shutdown of production associated with coronavirus.
At the Pune plant, preparations are continuing for the start of car assembly under the INDIA 2.0 project. The government of Maharashtra and local authorities have approved the resumption of production after the introduction of comprehensive security measures. To ensure the best possible protection of workers’ health, a safety protocol is in place at both sites, with 60 specific measures. The company prepared the Start Safe protocol in close consultation with healthcare providers.
Skoda Rapid debuted at the end of last year, but due to a pandemic In Europe, the Rapid was replaced by the new Scala hatchback, the liftback received a deep modernization. The assembly of restyled cars is still carried out at the Volkswagen plant in Kaluga.
- Infiniti’s upcoming EVs to receive I-Power designation
- Ford Mustang goes all-electric in 2028
- New Toyota GR 86 front bumper design revealed
- Crossover Skoda Kodiaq received a “smart” version of Clever
- 2022 BMW X3 M crossover spotted in tests