Volkswagen refused to hybridize sports Golf GTIFebruary 5, 2019
Volkswagen is in the final stages of development of the Golf GTI8th generation, and according to recent reports, is abandoning an earlier plan for moderate hybridization of the model.
The German automaker opted for the classic 2-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine with two power options – 252 horsepower in the “normal” version and 286 – in the TCR.
Nevertheless, the soft hybrid system will still be used in the Golf of the 8th generation – we are talking about basic models, which will receive a 48-volt system for a 1.5-liter gasoline TSI and a 2-liter diesel TDI.
Note that the upcoming VW Golf GTI is built on a recycled MQB platform, got adaptive shock absorbers and improved steering.
Volkswagen is expected to introduce the Golf MK8 this summer, and its public debut will take place at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones