Volkswagen plans to become one of the leaders in the production of electric carsDecember 23, 2019
For these purposes, the company’s factory in Zwickau from 2021 will only produce electric vehicles.
Volkswagen is committed to becoming the world leader in electric car manufacturing. The company plans by 2027 to release 22 million cars powered by electricity. At the same time, Volkswagen will offer customers a fairly wide range of products – the range of electric cars plans to expand to 70 copies. For these purposes, the concern plans to use its plant in Zwickau. From 2021, the company will produce only electric cars – about 1.2 billion euros will be allocated for re-equipment. However, Volkswagen does not plan to discontinue the Volkswagen Golf.
After the conversion, the plant will have a high level of automation – 1,700 robots and 500 automated vehicles will participate in the assembly, painting and installation.
At the same time, by the beginning of 2021, about 8,000 employees should undergo retraining to work on new equipment. It is expected that the plant will be able to produce 330 thousand cars a year, which is 30 thousand more than now. Production will be launched in November 2020, but already now there are 35 thousand pre-orders for new plant products.
- Toyota Lunar Cruiser will be fueled with fuel made on the Moon
- Ford will spend $ 1.35 billion to re-equip a canadian plant for electric vehicles
- China’s largest auto concern pledges 100 electric vehicles in five years
- The budget Tesla electric car will receive batteries from the Chinese Model 3
- BMW registered the name of the electric Rolls-Royce?