Volkswagen paid 10 billion dollars for “dieselgate”July 29, 2020
The compensation was sent to the owners of Volkswagen and Porsche cars in the USA. The data on real emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere were distorted on cars.
Volkswagen has paid compensation to the owner of cars in the United States, suffered from “dieselgate”. This became known on Wednesday, July 29. The total amount was $ 9.8 billion. Recall that the problem was in the software installed on these cars, which distorted the value of emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere.
In reality, diesel engines turned out to be more harmful to the environment than electronics showed. The total number of such machines was 550,000 thousand, and they were sold in the period from 2007 to 2015. The proceedings began in 2015 and lasted for three years.
As a result, the German concern was found guilty – it was ordered to either completely eliminate the malfunction, or buy these vehicles from the owners. At the same time, the choice was left to the owners of the cars.
Interestingly, 86% of owners immediately decided that the manufacturer should buy out their cars or terminate the lease, if any.
Now they have begun to receive their compensation.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV