Volkswagen no longer hires employeesJuly 16, 2020
The head of the company, Ralph Brandstätter, spoke about this.
Volkswagen will not be hiring new employees until the end of this year. This decision of the brand’s management is associated with low car sales due to the outbreak of coronavirus infection. About this with reference to internal documents Volkswagen reports Reuters.
Despite this, all guarantees and contracts with Volkswagen employees remain in force – no personnel reductions are planned. In addition, a retraining and skills improvement program will be provided for all employees. Now the company is ready that due to such a measure the productivity of the Wolfsburg plant will drop from 700,000 cars to 500,000 cars.
The Wolfsburg plant is currently running in just two shifts, which also has an impact on productivity, which has dropped to 2,000 vehicles per day from 3,000 units.
- Tuned Porsche 944 will be sold at auction
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled