Volkswagen is working on a new compact crossoverDecember 13, 2019
The novelty will join the family of North American models of the German brand, and its debut is scheduled for 2021.
Volkswagen is preparing to offer its customers in the North American region a new SUV, which will be more compact than the current VW Tiguan. They regularly recollect a future novelty in specialized mass media, however, there are few concrete facts. In October, Volkswagen Group of America Executive Director Scott Keogh announced that the brand is preparing two sub-Tiguan models for the United States. And as part of a recent meeting in Michigan, the German automaker shared new details about one of the two announced models.
It is reported that a small cross was developed specifically for the North American market. Its release will be the factory in Mexico. Maki dealers will begin to offer new products to customers in the United States in the summer of 2021. This is where the official information ends. Probably, in the next Volkswagen report, this item will be covered in more detail.
Recall, for America, Volkswagen is preparing another new product – the electric ID.4, which will be available next year. Its cost will vary in the same price range as that of Tiguan based on ICE: from 30 to 40 thousand dollars. As for the development strategy of the German brand in the United States, the company is not going to radically change its lineup, and also plans to increase investment in new models of SUVs.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system