Volkswagen is preparing a new generation of VW AtlasOctober 19, 2019
Work on the next-generation Volkswagen Atlas is a big shift towards the VW Vision 2030.
Recently, the Volkswagen Group appeared in the news quite often, and it seems that there has always been more talk of a massive restructuring and an even greater shift in the direction of attention to a particular brand (VW, Audi and Porsche).
A little less than a week ago there were rumors about the sale of a Lamborghini or IPO, which, in the end, turned out to be untrue. There are reports that the Volkswagen Group wants to make Skoda a budget brand. A few days ago, we saw the debut of the all-new five-seater Atlas Cross Sport, aimed at the North American market.
What awaits Volkswagen and the North American market in the future? In a recent interview, Scott Keog, CEO of Volkswagen Group of America, said the next-generation Atlas is under development. Discussions continue about electrifying the new Atlas, as batteries will entail more weight and higher cost. If the batteries are added, then most likely a plug-in hybrid system will be used.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily