Volkswagen is considering three potential pickupsApril 30, 2019
The final decision on this matter has not yet been made. However, Volkswagen CEO Scott Keogh confirmed that the company is considering three possible development strategies.
For example, the company recently unveiled a Tarok pickup designed for South American countries at the New York Auto Show. He hinted at the possible appearance on the American market of a compact pickup truck, which will be built on a modular platform MQB. It will be offered as a budget model.
“We have a question: does something like this make sense with some changes? There is no pickup on the US market that would have such dimensions, ”Keog said.
Another development option involves working together with Ford, under which the Volkswagen pickup will be released on the Ford Ranger platform.
And finally, the German company is thinking about a mid-size pickup truck, which can be built on the basis of the Atlas crossover.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed