Volkswagen invests € 1 billion in Chinese automaker JACMay 30, 2020
It became known that the Volkswagen AG concern will invest € 1 billion in the Chinese automobile manufacturer JAC by the end of this year.
The main objective of the investment is the development of technologies for the assembly of electric cars and related infrastructure in the Middle Kingdom. Note that by 2025, JAC is going to introduce about five new models of electric cars and release about 1.5 million new cars on alternative power sources for the auto market in China.
In addition, electric car assembly plants and technology centers will be improved. So, by 2025, the automaker is going to increase the share to 30% of total sales.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery