Volkswagen introduced the long JettaJanuary 22, 2019
The model turned out almost Passat sedan. Dimensions and design are now indistinguishable from an inexperienced look. As you could understand, the extended version is presented exclusively for the Chinese market.
The Chinese version of the Volkswagen Jetta, known in the local market under the name Sagitarius, received an extended version. In length, the novelty is 2731 mm, which is 45 mm more than the standard Jetta. Thus, the Sagitar is only 60 mm shorter than the European Volkswagen Passat. However, the differences with the usual Jetta end there: in general, it’s the same sedan presented at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2018.
As a power unit in China, a line of 1.4 and 1.2 liters turbo engines is proposed, capable of developing up to 150 and 115 horsepower. Together with them they offer a mechanical transmission on five stages, or a robotic version on seven stages.
Production has been established at the local plant of the joint venture FAW and Volkswagen. The extended version will be available in spring, but it will not go beyond the limits of the Celestial market.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV