Volkswagen intends to change battery suppliersMarch 16, 2021
As it became known, Volkswagen AG intends to build six gigafactories in Europe in order to independently produce batteries for its electric vehicles. This decision may be due to the fact that the two main suppliers of batteries – LG Energy Solution and SK Innovation companies are involved in litigation in the United States on charges of misappropriation of trade secrets in the traction battery industry.
Now Volkswagen Group intends to cooperate with the Chinese company Contemporary Amperex Technology, which supply batteries, including Tesla Corporation. Note that neither Volkswagen nor LG Energy Solution commented on the situation.
Earlier, AutoTimesNews reported that the German automaker is going to use its own batteries when assembling electric vehicles. For this, six factories will be built in Europe, which will be fully operational by 2030. It was reported that the brand plans to unify the battery packs, thereby reducing the cost of their assembly.
- China unveils $ 2,000 electric pickup truck
- Polestar has proposed a new scheme for the acquisition of hybrid “1”
- Jay Leno tries to set a speed record with the most powerful Tesla Model S Plaid
- Bentley Bacalar looks absolutely stunning on the streets of London
- Lamborghini sold most of its production capacity