Volkswagen increases the production of electric vehiclesOctober 29, 2019
Volkswagen has ambitious manufacturing goals for its new electric car line and will build many of them in China.
The German automaker is preparing two Chinese factories for the production of electric vehicles next year with a total annual output of 600,000 cars. Workshops have already been created at these sites in Anting and Foshun to help Volkswagen actively increase production, all the more thanks to the size of Volkswagen it will be much easier to do than competitors such as Tesla.
“The truth is that barriers to entry into the automotive industry remain high. Making cars is difficult. Switching to electric cars will be expensive, but it will probably be led by traditional manufacturers, ”analysts say.
The German automaker is re-equipping many of its main production facilities in Germany to produce electric vehicles, while the aforementioned Chinese enterprises are also updating. By 2025, the Volkswagen Group is expected to become the number one electric car manufacturer in the world.
- Android Auto was first launched on a Tesla electric car
- Vertical batteries will increase the range of electric vehicles by 30%
- Innovative lithium battery for air taxi charges in 10 minutes
- Zaha Hadid Architects to Design Hyperloop for Italy
- Musk’s underground tunnel near Las Vegas opens for first passengers