Volkswagen increases car stocks in the UKOctober 10, 2019
The Volkswagen Group has increased car inventories in Britain as politicians struggle to agree on the conditions for the country to leave the European Union on the eve of October 31.
Brexit’s “no-bargain” potential and fears of future trade relations are forcing companies to take steps to mitigate the impact of potential tariffs.
“We have optimized the level of inventories in order to delay the impact of potential import tariffs for a while, but there are limits to what can be done. If there are tariffs, we will not be able to absorb or compensate them. We need to be realistic that cars will become more expensive for customers, ”said Jürgen Stackmann, head of sales and marketing for the VW brand, to Reuters.
Volkswagen was Britain’s second-best-selling brand in the first nine months with sales of 157,040 cars, which is 0.5% lower than Ford, which won first place, with 188 124 cars, which is 9%, according to SMMT. The total number of new car sales in the UK during the reporting period decreased by 2.5%, to 1.86 million cars.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X