Volkswagen ID. R climbed the hill at Goodwood faster than a Formula 1 carJuly 8, 2019
Volkswagen racing ID. R under the control of the French pilot Romain Dumas set a hill climb record in British Goodwood. The car was able to cover a 1.86 km distance in 39.90 seconds, which is 1.7 seconds. faster than previous achievements.
Thus, Volkswagen ID. R was able to break the record, held for 20 years. In 1999, the German racer Nick Heidfeld on a 780-strong Formula 1 race car McLaren-Mercedes MP4 / 13 passed the track in 41.6 seconds.
Recall Volkswagen ID. R was presented at a special event in France last year. The novelty has received two electric motors, which together develop 680 liters. with. and 650 N · m of torque. The mass of the car was only 1100 kilograms. A racing electric car can accelerate from zero to 100 km / h in 2.25 seconds.
The German electric car holds the absolute record for climbing Pikes Peak (7 minutes and 57.148 seconds), as well as the record of the “North loop” of the Nürburgring among electric cars (6 minutes and 5.336 seconds).
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI