Volkswagen has developed a more economical new manual transmissionJuly 16, 2019
The German concern continues to work on the mechanical transmissions, despite the great popularity of manual transmission. It is reported that the new box will reduce fuel consumption, reduce the amount of oil, and reduce the amount of harmful substances.
The press service of the Volkswagen group announced the readiness of the new manual transmission. The novelty is known under the index MQ281, and it is able to digest within 200 – 340 Nm of torque. Thus, the novelty is able to replace the manual transmission on most models with MQ250 and MQ350 transmissions.
For the first time it can be tested on the new Volkswagen Passat. In the future, MQ281 will be used on cars of the entire group VAG Groupe.
Among the main features – a new mechanism of lubrication, which contributes to a more efficient distribution of oil, and also reduces its quantity in the transmission to 1.5 liters. The new body of the transmission meets the modern requirements for sound insulation and makes the vibration in the car less noticeable than before.
Production will be adjusted by SEAT Components at factories in Barcelona (Spain) and Cordoba (Argentina). Annual capacity will be about 450,000 units.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry