Volkswagen has developed a coupe-like Atlas for desert racingNovember 22, 2019
In Los Angeles, they demonstrated a trophy truck with the look of a Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport R. He will participate in the Baja 1000 rally raid.
From a mass car, he inherited the name, design of the front part and a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine with a capacity increased to 480 hp. At the same time, the power can be increased to 600 hp.
The German brand has already decided on one of the pilots who will have to perform at Atlas Cross Sport R. They will be the racer and former host of the Top Gear show for the United States Tanner Faust. There are currently no other details regarding the participation of new items on the Baja 1000.
In America, under the name Atlas, cross is sold, and not only a simple Atlas is offered, but also a model with a 5-seater saloon.
- Ken Block’s drift Ford F-150 is up for sale
- Audi and Volvo suspend production in Belgium
- BMW M4 will officially take part in the drift series
- Bugatti’s unreleased hypercar is already being resold
- BMW talks about the new BMW Live Cockpit