Volkswagen has developed a coupe-like Atlas for desert racingNovember 22, 2019
In Los Angeles, they demonstrated a trophy truck with the look of a Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport R. He will participate in the Baja 1000 rally raid.
From a mass car, he inherited the name, design of the front part and a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine with a capacity increased to 480 hp. At the same time, the power can be increased to 600 hp.
The German brand has already decided on one of the pilots who will have to perform at Atlas Cross Sport R. They will be the racer and former host of the Top Gear show for the United States Tanner Faust. There are currently no other details regarding the participation of new items on the Baja 1000.
In America, under the name Atlas, cross is sold, and not only a simple Atlas is offered, but also a model with a 5-seater saloon.
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages
- Drag racing – VW Golf R 2021 versus the “charged” Audi RS6 Avant wagon
- Drag racing – powerful sedan Mercedes-AMG E63 S versus the “charged” station wagon Audi RS6
- Toyota patents new twin-turbo V8 engine
- Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup prototype spotted in New York