Volkswagen has changed the logo. But distinguishing it is not easyAugust 23, 2019
This will be the first such brand transformation since 2000
Volkswagen will publicly present the amended logo on September 10 in Frankfurt. The first models to try on the updated nameplate will be the electric hatchback ID 3 and the eighth generation Golf. In the meantime, a new image “lit up” on the football form of teams sponsored by the brand.
The main difference between the new logo is that the letter W is now not three-dimensional, but flat, which makes it look more minimalistic. Earlier, on the same principle, nameplates on old Beetle were issued. In addition, the company can use logos in three colors – blue, white and red, depending on the type of car
The company itself explained that the transition to the new logo “reflects the brand’s connection with youth, digitalization and modernity.” However, some media outlets suggest that one of the reasons is that the company thus distances itself from the diesel scandal that has been embroiled in recent years.
You can see the modernized logo live at the Volkswagen stand at the Frankfurt Motor Show, where ID 3 hatchback will be demonstrated.
- China showed “killer” Tesla with a power reserve of 708 kilometers
- General Motors is working on improved autopilot
- First Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Buyers Receive Exclusive Gifts
- Alrendo TS Bravo electric motorcycle to hit European roads in May
- All new Peugeot models will receive “charged” versions