Volkswagen Group sales in the first half fell by 27.4%July 18, 2020
The press service of the company reports.
According to the data released the other day, in the first half of this year, Volkswagen sales decreased by 27.4% – to 3,893,000 new cars, compared to the same period in 2019. The biggest drop in sales was shown by the Western Europe region, where the number of cars decreased by 37.5%.
In addition, a strong decline in sales was observed in South America, where sales fell by 32.8%. The US market also showed a 26.2% drop. With regard to sales of brands owned by Volkswagen, Seat sank the most – by 38.5%. Skoda and Audi follow – 31.3% and 22% respectively.
So, last month, only 308 new cars of the brand were sold in the European market, which is 11.7% less than in the same period in 2019.
- Forgotten for 20 years in a barn Ford Mustang sells for 15 thousand dollars
- See Hispano Suiza Carmen electric hypercar in motion
- Tesla on autopilot dodged a collision with a truck
- Porsche Taycan is four times more popular than Panamera
- Hyundai unveils concept cab of the future