Volkswagen Group cost diesel scandal 31.3 billion eurosMarch 18, 2020
The German automaker calculated the losses incurred due to the so-called “Dieselgate”. This scandal erupted back in 2015, when the automaker admitted fraud with diesel engines.
Volkswagen talked about the costs of the so-called Dieselgate. The amount spent on paying fines, recall companies and other pressing expenses, voiced by Reuters. This is about 31.3 billion euros. It is noted that the group expects the continuation of the outflow of finance until 2021. These costs are also prudently taken into account.
Recall that the concept of Dieselgate appeared back in the fall of 2015, when the Volkswagen Group was convicted of fraud with diesel cars. Using special software, indicators of harmful emissions were underestimated several times.
Subsequently, the company acknowledged the fact of underestimation of the level of emissions from sales of its products in European markets and in the USA. In general, the number of machines with “corrected” software can reach 11 million.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors